The list of participants for that upcoming Soccer Night in Newtown continues to grow. A bunch of names from Major League Soccer have now been added, including LA Galaxy star Landon Donovan.
The event, launched by Houston Dynamo general manager and Connecticut native Chris Canetti, is set for Jan. 7.
A complete list of the MLS men now involved (it’s certainly possible that the list grows between in the coming week) can be found here from the league’s official site:
Meanwhile, the list of known soccer names now includes:
- San Jose Earthquakes’ Marcus Tracy (whose mother once taught at Sandy Hook Elementary School)
- The Houston Dynamo’s Corey Ashe, Brad Davis, Brian Ching, Ricardo Clark and Tally Hall
- The Vancouver Whitecaps’ Brad Knighton and Omar Salgado
- Former U.S. national teamers Cobi Jones, Alexi Lalas, Mike Burns, Eric Wynalda and Tony Meola
- Former U.S. women’s national teamers Mia Hamm and Kristine Lilly
- Current U.S. women’s captain Christie Rampone
- FC Dallas’ Zach Loyd
- The LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan and Sean Franklin
- The New England Revolution’s Kevin Alston, Darrius Barnes, Hunter Freeman, Ryan Guy, Matt Reis, Clyde Simms, Chris Tierney and Bobby Shuttleworth
- New York Red Bulls’ Kenny Cooper, Heath Pearce and Ryan Meara
- Philadelphia Union’s Chris Albright