The who’s hot and who’s not list in the Premier League returns following a week away.
So what’s changed from Week 10 to Week 12? Plenty.
[ MORE: Chelsea to win the PL? ]
As any frequenter to this space knows, our PL Player Power Rankings are extremely scientific. Joe Prince-Wright is usually in a lap with beakers and such, concocting the perfect recipe of 20 in-form players.
That’s all out the window today, since Joe’s in Prague and I use different beakers. The “Mendola Scientific Method” clearly states that the PLPPR gathers data from the last few weeks, a solid helping of whimsy, and a pinch of “That feels about right”.
In other words, no one in their right mind genuinely would choose Victor Anichebe over Mesut Ozil, but the former is riding high while the latter had an off week and dropped a few spots out of the 20. In fact — sorry Victor — but we imagine there are close to 200 Premier League players who’d slot above Victor on the “Want him on your team?” power rankings.
Let us know if you agree with the selections in the comments section below. See you soon, JPW.
- Diego Costa (Chelsea) – Up 2
- Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton) – Up 17
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) – New entry
- Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal) – Up 11
- Patrick Van Aanholt (Sunderland) — New entry
- Victor Moses (Chelsea) — New entry
- N’Golo Kante (Chelsea) – Up 2
- Yaya Toure (Manchester City) – New entry
- Roberto Pereyra (Watford) – New entry
- James Morrison (West Brom) New entry
- Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City) – Up 3
- Ander Herrera (Manchester United) — New entry
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) – Down 6
- Gary Cahill (Chelsea) – Up 2
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea) – Down 16
- Matty Phillips (West Brom) – New entry
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool) — Down 7
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) — New entry
- Victor Anichebe (Sunderland) – New entry
- Juan Mata (Manchester United) – New entry