In a match that begged for the best, two of Spurs’ biggest characters stood out in masterful performances at White Hart Lane.
One of those was dynamite all match long, while the other made due with the rare chances allowed by the visitors as Spurs beat Chelsea 2-0 to move into third place in the Premier League and stop Chelsea’s bid for an unprecedented 14-straight PL wins.
Stars who shone…
- Christian Eriksen — The Dane was roaring from minute one, and his service on both of Dele Alli‘s goals was superb.
- Dele Alli — Wasn’t a standout over the course of the match, but took his pair of chances well to give him seven goals in his last four PL matches.
- Toby Alderweireld — Here’s your weekly reminder that Spurs are simply a much better team when the ex-Saints and Atleti back is in the middle of the back four.
…And those who went dim
- Cesar Azpilicueta — He’s been one of the best defenders in the league this season, but was the the last man with a look at the looping crosses before Dele headed them home.
- Victor Moses — And Moses was behind Azpilicueta on both goals. One to forget for one of the renaissance stories of Chelsea’s season.
- Pedro — Frittered away possession and got into a shouting match with teammate and star striker Diego Costa. Disappointing.