The weekend’s marquee games include New York traveling to Philly and the opening of the beautiful stadium in Houston. But there is plenty of other action that won’t get as much chatter. Overlooked and Underloved is a weekly attempt to convince the world to check out one of these tilts.
First up: The Vancouver Whitecaps traveling to New England to take on the Revolution.
Why? Well, let’s count the reasons:
- The Revs are 2-1 in the (un)friendly confines of Gillette Stadium, while the ‘Caps are 2-1-1 on the road. Clash of the titans.
- The Whitecaps, winners of 3 straight, are one of the hottest teams in the league, but they need 3 points to stay in touch with the Western Conference’s top 3. (Bonus: 1 more win will match their total from last season.)
- Anything can happen when Eric Hassli and Sebastien Le Toux are on the field. A-ny-thing. And Darren Mattocks is back from his freak cooking accident.
- Fernando Cardenas is a free man. No red card for him. Stick it to the man, New England.
- Matt Reis going for win 101.
And finally, a general life rule: Everything is better when Jay DeMerit is involved.