- Kickoff from Rio Tinto Stadium in suburban Sandy, Utah, will be just after 9 p.m. ET (ESPN)
- This is the first leg of the aggregate goals series; winner goes to the MLS Cup final
- The second leg is Nov. 24 at Jeld-Wen Field in Portland
- RSL is 2-0-2 in all competitions this year against Portland
- The Portland Timbers finished first in the Western Conference (57 points)
- Real Salt Lake finished second in the West (56 points)
- The Timbers’ five goals in their conference semifinal triumph over Seattle represented the most by any club in a two-leg series since 2003
- The Timbers are Major League Soccer’s only club to win both legs of their semifinal series since 2011
- Portland is unbeaten in 10 consecutive regular season or playoff games
- In meetings this year at Rio Tinto: RSL beat Portland 2-1 in a U.S. Open Cup semifinal, and 4-2 in a regular season MLS contest
- Alvaro Saborio, RSL’s leading scorer of the last three years, is out with a knee injury
Real Salt Lake: Nick Rimando, Tony Beltran, Nat Borchers, Chris Schuler, Chris Wingert; Sebastian Velasquez, Kyle Beckerman, Luis Gil, Javier Morales; Robbie Findley, Devon Sandoval.
Portland Timbers: Donovan Ricketts, Jack Jewsbury, Mamadou Danso, Pa-Modou Kah, Michael Harrington; Diego Chara, Diego Valeri, Will Johnson; Darlington Nagbe, Ryan Johnson, Rodney Wallace.