Report: Carlos Tevez’s father kidnapped, held for ransom

1 Comment

Reports are coming in from South America that the father of Argentine striker Carlos Tevez was kidnapped by a gang on Tuesday morning in the nations capital.

It is said that Tevez’s father, Juan Carlos Cabral, was driving through the Moron area in the western suburbs of Buenos Aires when he was stopped by assailants and kidnapped at around 7 a.m. on Tuesday.

Those reports came from La Nacion in Argentina and Italy’s Gazzetta dello Sport and since then the Argentine secretary of Homeland Security, Sergio Berni, has confirmed the kidnapping.

Tevez, 30, is said to have left Juventus during preseason and has flown back to his homeland to try and sort out the fluid situation. According to the Associated Press the family lawyer, Gustavo Galasso, described them as “dismayed” by the news. He offered few other details.

Plenty of mixed reports have since circled with Argentine news outlet Diario Cronica stating that Tevez’s father is safe and sound after being released. It is not yet know if Tevez paid the ransom his fathers kidnappers were demanding or if he is indeed a free man once again.

More details to come as and when they arrive, as a scary day for the Tevez family continues to play out.