After Sporting Kansas City booked their playoff berth thanks to a 2-0 win over Chicago and Vancouver kept their postseason hopes alive by beating Seattle 1-0 and clinching the Cascadia Cup on Friday night, three more MLS teams can rubber-stamp their spot in the postseason this weekend.
[RELATED: Latest MLS standings
With just two matchdays left in Major League Soccer, things are getting tense as the entire season boils down to the final few games.
Below is a full list of the teams who are either in or out of the postseason, plus what has to happen this weekend for three more teams to make it as two teams could also be saying ‘adios’ to their playoff dreams.
Love this time of year.
- New England are in if they beat or tie with Montreal OR Toronto FC fail to beat New York
- The New York Red Bulls are in if they beat Toronto AND Houston fails to beat D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake are in if they beat San Jose
- FC Dallas are in if they beat the LA Galaxy
LIVING ON A PRAYER…
- The Philadelphia Union will be out of the playoff race if they lose to Columbus AND New York beat Toronto
- Houston Dynamo will be out of the playoff race if they lost to D.C. United AND both New York and Columbus win
- Seattle Sounders
- LA Galaxy
- D.C. United
- Sporting Kansas City
- Montreal Impact
- Chivas USA
- Chicago Fire
- Colorado Rapids
- San Jose Earthquakes