Oscar is heading into his first preseason tour with Chelsea, and he hopes to have many more in his future.
There have been reports that linked the Brazilian midfielder with a summer move to Italian champions Juventus, but he has denied any rumors and claims he is committed to Chelsea.
[ MORE: Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup ]
Despite having played three seasons for Chelsea, Oscar has never played a full preseason with the club as he was always given rest after representing Brazil in international tournaments earlier in the summers. However, the 23-year-old missed the Copa America this year through injury, and is currently with the Blues in Montreal for training camp.
Oscar signed an extension last season that will keep him at Stamford Bridge until 2019, and the midfielder says he never thought about leaving London.
I know there has been a lot of talk about Juventus, but I am very, very happy at Chelsea. Last year I signed a new contract and I want to stay a long time at Chelsea. I have never been unsettled by what was being said.
I haven’t been able to do have a pre-season for the past five years because I have had to play so many games in the summer, so this pre-season for me is very important.
Most players don’t like to get injured, but it did force me to have a rest. This is important and now I have no injury and will be fresh for the season.”
After a brilliant start to the season in 2014, Oscar didn’t play a full 90 minutes for Chelsea after January as nagging cut his year short. With more than two months of rest and a full preseason in order, Oscar will look to get back into form before Chelsea kicks off the 2015-16 Premier League season against Swansea City on August 8.