The Sun newspaper in England is reporting that Manchester United have been in “secret talks” with Barcelona about signing Neymar.
[ MORE: Latest transfer news ]
In a slightly unbelievable bit of gossip, United’s chief executive Ed Woodward is said to have held talks with Barca’s directors while he was in Spain last week. Many thought he was trying to seal the deal for Pedro, which he ultimately failed in, but now the Sun suggests that United were instead after an audacious move for Neymar. The Brazilian winger, 23, would cost in excess of $100 million as the man who has scored 44 goals in 65 games for the Selecao would only be released by Barca if he revealed a strong desire to leave the Nou Camp. Why would Neymar want to leave the most deadly attacking trio in recent history alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez? You’ll have to ask Neymar that. Oh, and the Sun.
Sky Sports claim that Everton will sign River Plate defender Ramiro Funes Mori. The 24-year-old is said to be close to sealing a $10 million move to Goodison Park and will have a medical on Saturday ahead of completing the transfer. Mori has one cap for Argentina and was key in River Plate’s recent Copa Libertadores win. Everton is short in defense and with rumors continuing regarding John Stones’ future as Chelsea could make a late bid in excess of $45 million for the center back, perhaps Mori’s arrival is as a back up to Stones?
ESPN say that Victor Moses could leave Chelsea in the coming days as both Tottenham and Aston Villa are monitoring his situation. Moses, 24, has spent the last two seasons on loan from Chelsea at Liverpool and Stoke City. The latter wanted to sign Moses permanently this summer but failed and the Nigerian winger showed plenty of promise for Chelsea during preseason before picking up an injury. With Pedro Rodriguez arriving at Chelsea earlier this week, Moses’ chances of getting minutes in Jose Mourinho’s side look pretty slim.