With one match left in UEFA Champions League group play, Chelsea control their own destiny.
After beating Maccabi Tel-Aviv 4-0, the Blues sit tied with FC Porto on ten points at the top of Group G.
[ MORE: Champions League standings ]
However, with Dynamo Kyiv earning a big win over Porto on Tuesday, Chelsea must wait until the final matchday to qualify for the knockout round, as there is a possibility of a three-way tie for the top spot in Group G.
With Chelsea hosting Porto on December 9, here are the scenarios for Jose Mourinho’s men to assure advancement.
- A win over Porto will clinch Chelsea the top spot and a place in the last 16.
- A draw against Porto will see Chelsea advance.
- Chelsea draw/Dynamo win: Chelsea win group, Dynamo finish second
- Chelsea draw/Dynamo draw or loss: Porto win group, Chelsea finish second
- A loss to Porto and a Dynamo Kyiv draw/loss to Maccabi Tel-Aviv will see Chelsea finish second in the group and advance to the last 16.
- The Blues have secured at least a berth in the Europa League, regardless of the result in their final match.
Simply put, get a point at Stamford Bridge and Chelsea advance.