Okay, you’ve got the family over, plenty of holiday activities are planned over the next week or so but there’s one catch: “dude, there’s like 700 Premier League games.”
[ MORE: Pep to Chelsea? Jose to United? ]
Don’t panic. Seriously, just chill out. Breath, grab a glass of eggnog and follow this easy guide on how to navigate the Premier League games during the festivities.
[ MORE: LVG storms out of presser ]
Ready? Here it goes…
- Make sure you bookmark the NBC Sports Live Extra homepage. No matter where you are over the holidays you can watch every single PL game live online or on the app. Simple.
- With plenty of late night festivities planned, make sure to triple check that you’ve set your alarms correctly (somewhere around the 7 a.m. ET mark). Waking up late on Boxing Day, Dec. 28 or Jan. 2 would be a rookie mistake.
- For all of you Premier League fantasy fans out there remember: with three matchdays coming up in seven days there will be a lot of squad rotation and plenty of new names getting minutes. Plan accordingly.
- Okay, so you only have one day left to make sure everybody knows which Premier League jersey and/or other merch you reallllly want for Christmas. Our online store is here to sort out your last minute purchases. Editors note: good try Aunt Pamela but that itchy booger green sweater you knit for me doesn’t quite make up for you not buying me the Sunderland away jersey…
- Try to include the whole family in the early morning PL festivities — yes, even Uncle Larry who somehow has already fallen asleep in the armchair at 10:15 a.m. on Boxing Day — share some of your knowledge of chants sung in and around the grounds. After all, this time of the year is about everyone coming together to sing and what not. Maybe not traditionally PL chants, but singing is singing… Some festive-inspired classics include “My true love gave to me” with an Eric Cantona twist and “Walking in a Shearer wonderland.”
- Have your supplies ready. With games on Boxing Day beginning at 7:45 a.m. ET and the final game kicking of at 2:45 p.m. ET, there is over nine hours of continuous action. You need to be stocked up. I’m talking drinks, candy, breakfast foods and everything else you need must be by your side. Also, strategically planned bathroom breaks are essential.