The January transfer window has arrived and between now and Jan. 31 there will be a flurry of deals, especially late on, as teams stock up for the rest of the season.
Below is a list of 20 players who will be top targets for Premier League clubs and teams elsewhere in Europe this month.
[ MORE: Latest transfer news ]
Let’s take a look at the wanted men and who is more than likely to be on the move.
20. Michy Batshuayi (Marseille) – The towering Belgian striker is the second-highest scorer in Ligue 1 this season and at the age of 22 he is expected to be in Belgium’s squad for the European Championships this summer. Tottenham and Newcastle are said to be interested but he just signed a new deal at the Stade Velodrome.
19. Patrick Bamford (Chelsea) – After ending his loan spell at Crystal Palace early, Bamford could well end up heading somewhere else on loan as the Chelsea youngster continue his development. Has an eye for goal. Will anybody take a chance on him?
18. Kevin Mirallas (Everton) – Ahead of EURO 2016 the Belgian winger will want to play regularly and he’s not getting that at Goodison. In the past Spurs have been strongly linked with a move but Marseille, Monaco and AC Milan have emerged as possible loan destinations.
17. Adrien Rabiot (Paris Saint-Germain) – The silky French midfielder wants a loan move away from PSG and Arsenal’s injury woes mean he could end up at the Emirates. Liverpool also showed interest in the past.
16. Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United) – Reports claim AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus and AS Roma all want the Belgian midfielder to head to Serie A. It is said to be unlikely for United to loan him out and they’d rather sell the versatile Fellaini.
15. Neven Subotic (Borussia Dortmund) – After missing most of the 2015-16 season with a back injury Subotic needs minutes. Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool need a center back and a loan move for the Serbian defender could happen. Watch this space.
14. Isco (Real Madrid) – The playmaker found himself on the fringes of Real’s first team under Rafael Benitez but it remains to be seen if Zinedine Zidane will use him more regularly. If not, Man City and Arsenal have both been linked with him in the past.
13. Mathieu Debuchy (Arsenal) – Following the emergence of Hector Bellerin, the French right back hasn’t been able to hold down a regular spot for the Gunners. Aston Villa and Roma have been linked with a loan mfor Debuchy.
12. Emmanuel Adebayor (Unattached) – Watford and Crystal Palace have both been linked with a move for the free agent who boasts an impressive resume when it comes to scoring in the PL. His temperament may be questioned but without a club since leaving Spurs in the summer, Adebayor would be willing to take any chance he gets.
11. Loic Remy (Chelsea) – The French international is struggling for games at Stamford Bridge and may want regular minutes to try and force his way into Didier Deschamps squad for EURO 2016 this summer. Aston Villa, Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Galatasaray have all been linked with a loan move for Remy.
10. Victor Valdes (Manchester United) – After falling out with manager Louis Van Gaal in the summer, Valdes is way down the pecking order at United. If a club is looking for an experienced goalkeeper then this is your man. Wages may be high but a transfer fee should be low.
9. Radamel Falcao (Chelsea) – The Colombian forward could return to parent club Monaco in January after his injury-hit loan spell at Chelsea has so far yielded just one goal and nine appearances, eight of which came from the bench. The Columbus Crew have surprisingly been linked with a loan move for Falcao but plenty of other top clubs in Europe (Fenerbache among them) would be willing to give him a chance to prove his fitness.
8. Leroy Sane (Schalke) – Perhaps the hottest property in the Bundesliga, Sane has been linked with a $60 million to Man City in January. Given the fact that Pep Guardiola is a huge fan and the Spanish coach is expected to take charge of City in the summer, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to connect the dots. Sane, 19, is a real talent who loves to burst forward from an attacking midfield role.
7. Papiss Demba Cisse (Newcastle United) – The Senegalese striker has spent plenty of time on the bench this season with Aleksandar Mitrovic and Ayoze Perez ahead of him at St. James’ Park. Cisse, 30, has scored 43 goals in 111 appearances for the Magpies but could be interested in a loan move.
6. Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk) – Chelsea have long been linked with the Brazilian attacking midfielder who has scored 89 goals in 222 appearances for Shakthar Donetsk. He’d cost $45 million but would add plenty to Chelsea’s attack and perhaps a fresh impetus heading into the second half of the season.
5. Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur) – Frustrated by limited appearances under Mauricio Pochettino, we all know what Townsend is capable of. Direct, pacey and with an eye for goal, surely a PL club will offer the king of loan moves another temporary spell away from White Hart Lane? Southampton, West Brom and Watford all said to be interested.
4. Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City) – Perhaps a little unlikely to move in January there’s no doubt that Mahrez is a wanted man. “The Algerian Messi” has been a revelation in the Foxes rise among the PL’s elite this season and his performances have led to reports linking him with a move to Manchester United and Tottenham. At 24, he will have plenty of offers this summer and earn Leicester plenty of money if they decide to sell him.
3. Saido Berahino (West Brom) – The Baggies striker has cut a forlorn figure on the bench as Tony Pulis continues to leave him our for throwing his toys out of the pram after a summer move to Tottenham was blocked. Spurs could come back in for Berahino in January but its likely they’ll bid way under the $45 million asking price. A huge talent but temperament has to be questioned.
2. Charlie Austin (QPR) – With his contract running out in the summer we may see Austin stay with second-tier Rangers and then become a free agent. However, if the R’s want to recoup any cash then they may shop the predatory striker around this month. He scored 18 goals last season in his debut campaign in the PL and the likes of Crystal Palace, Newcastle and Leicester have all been linked with a move.
1. Jamie Vardy (Leicester City) – The “Vardy Party” may soon be over at the King Power Stadium with Chelsea and Manchester United reportedly ready to offer over $30 million for the PL’s leading goalscorer. The goals have dried up in recent games for the 28-year-old but maybe Leicester will cash in and bring in someone like Austin? Vardy will have plenty of suitors and could end up leaving by the end of January despite Claudio Ranieri proclaiming he’s not for sale.