The updated list of salaries for Major League Soccer players was released by the MLS Players Union on Thursday with Kaka and Sebastian Giovinco leading the way.
Both players will make in excess of $7.1 million in 2016, while 10 total players will make over $4 million individually in 2016.
[ MORE: Grades for each PL team ]
Other interesting notes to come from the release include Tim Howard‘s salary with the Colorado Rapids. Howard, 37, will get a guaranteed compensation of $2.57 million, making him the best paid goalkeeper in league history when he joins up with Colorado in July.
Three of Howard’s USMNT teammates are in the top 10 with Michael Bradley picking up a cool $6.5 million at Toronto, Jozy Altidore netting $4.82 million at TFC and Clint Dempsey getting $4.6 million from the Seattle Sounders.
Toronto and New York City FC each have three players in the top 10, while LA Galaxy have two, plus Orlando City and Seattle round off the big spenders in MLS.
Click here to see the salaries for every player in MLS as there are plenty of numbers to be crunched with eye-popping stats such as FC Dallas not paying a single player over $700,000 in 2016 particularly impressive. Also, the New York Red Bulls’ highest earner is Bradley Wright-Phillips on $710,000.
Below is a list of the top 10 best paid players in MLS, when it comes to guaranteed compensation.
- Kaka (Orlando City) – $7.16 million
- Sebastian Giovinco (Toronto FC) – $7.11 million
- Michael Bradley (Toronto FC) – $6.5 million
- Steven Gerrard (LA Galaxy) – $6.13 million
- Frank Lampard (New York City) – $6 million
- Andrea Pirlo (New York City) – $5.91 million
- David Villa (New York City) – $5.61 million
- Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC) – $4.82 million
- Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders) – $4.6 million
- Giovani dos Santos (LA Galaxy) – $4.25 million