With nearly $1 billion spent so far in the summer transfer window by Premier League clubs, new players are arriving in the league daily.
[ MORE: Every PL season preview ]
However, despite the PL awash with big-money transfers like Paul Pogba, John Stones et al. there are still bargains to be had out there.
[ MORE: Ranking top 10 players ]
Here’s a look at the top 10 bargain buys ahead of the new PL season.
- Ahmed Musa ($20.7 million, CSKA Moscow to Leicester City) – Frightening pace and should slot in perfectly to Leicester’s system. Champions League experience too.
- Sofiane Feghouli (Free, Valencia to West Ham United) – A proper bargain. Feghouli will flourish under Bilic. He works hard and has an end product.
- Ramadan Sobhi ($6.4 million, Al Ahly to Stoke City) – Described as the brightest prospect in African soccer, the Egyptian winger should get plenty of chances at Stoke.
- Nampalys Mendy ($16.8 million, Nice to Leicester City) – Another steal by the Foxes. The Frenchman isn’t a direct replacement for N'Golo Kante but he’s a top player.
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg ($15.5 million, Bayern Munich to Southampton) – Rated highly by Guardiola, he couldn’t get in Bayern’s team. Young Dane is a true box-to-box midfielder.
- Lys Mousset ($7 million, Le Havre to Bournemouth) – Young striker from Bob Bradley’s Ligue 2 side Le Havre, their famed academy has produced Pogba, Mahrez and others.
- Bartosz Kapustka ($10 million, KS Cracovia to Leicester City) – Shone at EURO 2016 for Poland, Kapustka’s hard-working demeanor will suit the Foxes perfectly.
- Mike Van der Hoorn ($2.8 million, Ajax to Swansea City) – The Swans lost Ashley Williams but the young Dutch defender has looked solid in preseason.
- Rob Holding ($2.8 million, Bolton Wanderers to Arsenal) – Due to injuries Holding will likely start the season for Arsenal. Tall, commanding player, he’s had a great preseason.
- Vincent Janseen ($22 million, AZ Alkmaar to Tottenham Hotspur) – The most expensive player on this list but if Janseen can help out Kane at Spurs, he will be very, very valuable.