A fire broke out in the Sir Bobby Charlton Stand at Manchester United’s Old Trafford home on Monday.
[ MORE: Payet slammed by West Ham ]
Emergency services were called to the scene of the fire inside the stadium as a faulty elevator was at the center of the incident.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service told the Manchester Evening News that three fire engines “isolated the electrics and extinguished the fire” and they then remained at the scene.
United also released a statement on the fire.
“The club can confirm a small electrical fire was identified quickly in the Sir Bobby Charlton Stand at around 7am on Monday morning. The fire brigade attended and the isolated incident was dealt with quickly and effectively. There was minimal damage to the area and there were no injuries.”
The Red Devils host Hull City at Old Trafford on Wednesday in the Premier League (Watch live, 2:45 p.m. ET on NBCSN and online via NBCSports.com) and the game is expected to go ahead as planned.
Old Trafford, the biggest club soccer stadium in the UK, was also at the center of a hoax bomb scare last May as a dummy device was left behind by a training company who were demonstrating how to deal with explosive devices. That mishap meant United’s game with Bournemouth on the final day of the 2015-16 Premier League season was postponed and had to be moved back 48 hours.