Liverpool target Naby Keita will ‘100 percent’ stay at Leipzig

Getty Images
0 Comments

The likelihood Naby Keita will leave RB Leipzig for Liverpool — or any other club, for that matter — this summer is nonexistent, according to Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenhuttl.

[ MORE: Saturday’s transfer rumor roundup | Friday | Thursday ]

Liverpool’s pursuit of the 22-year-old Guinean midfielder dates back to the start of the summer transfer window and includes a series of failed bids, the most recent of which (and final?) for $86 million.

As far as Hasenhuttl’s concerned, Jurgen Klopp and Co. have been afforded sufficient time to pursue a player who still has three more years remaining on his current contract; Case opened, and case closed — quotes from the Guardian:

“The chance [of Keita leaving] is null. It’s 100 percent clear that Naby will play this year in Leipzig. At the beginning of the transfer period we said we would start with the same team and of the players we had last year no one will go. That would be our answer now also.

“For us everyone can see how important Naby Keita is for our game. It’s 100 percent sure that he will be with RB Leipzig in the Champions League.”

“I said for all the players it is very important to stay together as it’s the first time we play Champions League and that is a new situation for every one of us. We have very young players and I think for them it is very important to play the first year in the Champions League as a team. We will learn this very much again this year.

“Keita is more focused on us and has more fun now than last year. He knows this season will be fantastic for us. To play Champions League for Naby Keita is a great thing.”