Looking back at Week 2 of the Premier League, there were plenty of intriguing stats.
[ MORE: PL Playback – Week 2 ]
Milestones were reached and possession records were broken among many other notable moments.
Below, via Opta, you will find some stats to impress your mates at the bar ahead of the third round of games in the PL.
- Wayne Rooney scored his 200th Premier League goal in this match – the only player with more in the competition is Alan Shearer (260).
- Arsenal posted their highest ever possession figure in a Premier League game (77.3%), since 2003-04 (the first season Opta have this data from). Stoke City posted their lowest ever possession figure in a Premier League game (22.7%).
- Indeed, only five teams have won a Premier League game with a lower share of possession than Stoke against Arsenal, since 2003-04.
- Geoff Cameron became just the sixth American to play in 150 or more Premier League games.
- Manchester United have scored 4+ goals in their opening two league games of a season for the first time in 110 years (1907/08).
- There were just 3 minutes and 41 seconds between Manchester United’s final three goals of the game against Swansea.
- Watford boss Marco Silva enjoyed his first-ever away win in the Premier League in his 10th game on the road in the competition (W1 D2 L7).
- West Brom have won their first two games of a top-flight season for the first time since 1978/79.
- Liverpool have kept five clean sheets in their last six Premier League games, as many as in the previous 21.
- Manolo Gabbiadini’s goal ended a run of nine hours and 15 minutes without a Premier League goal at St. Mary’s for Southampton.
- Javier Hernandez scored his first Premier League goals since April 2014 vs Newcastle (1232 days ago) – all 39 of his goals in the English top-flight have come inside the box.
- Tottenham have lost seven of their last nine matches at Wembley (W1 D1) and lost each of their last four games against Chelsea there.
- Harry Kane has now had 34 shots and played 12 games in the month of August without scoring in the Premier League.
- Excluding the debut season of the Premier League in 1992/93, Huddersfield are the first team to win their opening two games in the competition.
- 23 of Huddersfield’s last 27 wins in league competition have been achieved by a one-goal margin.