Dele scored in Sunday’s defeat of Fulham, but the match cost him plenty; The lively 22-year-old hurt his hamstring while tumbling past the end line late in the match.
[ MORE: Latest on Emiliano Sala ]
Spurs say he will not return to training until early March, and leading scorer Kane was already sidelined until that month.
This could spur Spurs — pun completely intended — into the transfer market. The club wasn’t expected to spend to make up for Kane’s injury, but this is a big ask.
Look at the fixtures, which are at least home-heavy.
- Chelsea (A) – EFL Cup – January 24
- Crystal Palace (A) – FA Cup – January 27
- Watford (H) – Premier League – January 30
- Newcastle (H) – Premier League – February 2
- Leicester (H) – Premier League – February 10
- Borussia Dortmund (H) – Champions League – February 13
- Burnley – Premier League (A) – February 23
- League Cup Final – February 25* if Spurs reach the final
- Chelsea – Premier League (A) – February 27
The second leg of the UCL tie with Borussia Dortmund is March 5, and it’s difficult to believe Spurs can knock off the German leaders without two of their brightest talents.