CR7

Photo by Emilio Andreoli/Getty Images

Clark County ‘declines to prosecute’ Ronaldo for rape

1 Comment

Cristiano Ronaldo will not face sexual assault charges for a June 2009 incident in the United States, attorneys say.

An American woman filed a civil lawsuit against the Juventus superstar last year, claiming that Ronaldo forced himself upon her while she was in a prone position in his hotel room.

[ MORE: Bayern keen on Zaha ]

Ronaldo had expressed belief that he would be cleared of the claims, and claimed that graphic documents produced by German publication Der Spiegel were altered and fabricated.

Las Vegas police issued a warrant in a bid to get Ronaldo’s DNA, and the DA’s office says the woman’s refusal to name her attacker stopped them for collecting “vital evidence.” The woman reached a civil settlement with Ronaldo in 2010.

From News3LV.com:

“Based upon a review of the information presented at this time, the allegations of sexual assault against Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt,” the D.A.’s office said. “Therefore, no charges will be forthcoming.”

Ronaldo: “I always believe I am the best”

Getty Images
Leave a comment

You’ve got to appreciate the over-sized ego of Cristiano Ronaldo, even if it is deserved.

The 33-year-old Real Madrid striker was bestowed the 2017 Player of the Year award from the Portugal FA, earning 65 percent of the vote. But more than winning yet another trophy to add to his burgeoning case was what he told the media after accepting the award.

“We have to defend what is ours because there is always a Portuguese in the fight (for the top awards),” Ronaldo said, via AS. “I always believe and say that I am the best, whatever they say, and then I show it in the field. We are in the fight year after year.”

Ronaldo did score 42 goals last year for Real Madrid and has scored 18 goals in 2018 alone already for Los Blancos as the club look to go back-to-back-to-back in the UEFA Champions League.

Over there? Underwear? Can’t sue Cristiano Ronaldo if you can’t find Cristiano Ronaldo

2 Comments

On the surface, it would seem there are several very easy avenues to go down if one is efforting to find Cristiano Ronaldo.

There’s Real Madrid’s headquarters and practice space. You could also check his agent’s office, or anywhere they sell fine hair product.

But one man’s quest to sue the Portuguese superstar over his “CR7” underwear line is going nowhere, because he can’t get in touch with the guy.

[ MORE: Tuesday’s transfer rumor roundup ]

In other words, as easy as Ronaldo serves up passes to teammates, it’s very difficult to serve him papers.

From the Associated Press:

(Christopher) Renzi had until the end of November to notify Ronaldo of the lawsuit, but his lawyer said this week they haven’t been able to track down one of the world’s most famous athletes.

In the meantime, lawyer Michael Feldhuhn said he’s keeping an eye out for CR7 underwear being sold in the U.S.

Feldhuhn said a Spanish justice official went to the headquarters of Real Madrid in Spain and tried to deliver the legal papers there, but the official said in a filing that a receptionist refused to accept them because the lawsuit doesn’t involve the team. Feldhuhn said they are now trying to serve the papers at an address where they believe Ronaldo lives.

The judge overseeing the case has given Renzi until March 26 to find Ronaldo and serve him with the papers.

Sounds like that Spanish justice official is really tried to get to Ronaldo. Something tells me this doesn’t turn out well for Renzi.