Zero surprise here.
Megan Rapinoe has been named the Best women’s player Jill Ellis has been named the top manager in women’s soccer at FIFA’s The Best awards ceremony in Milan on Monday.
Ellis led the USWNT to its second-straight Women’s World Cup this summer, the first boss to manage the feat (Germany won two-straight World Cups, but had Tina Theune and Silvia Neid at the helm).
Rapinoe made waves on and off the field during the USWNT’s spell-binding run to a second-successive title, its fourth in history.
The Women’s Best XI sees four of her teammates join her: Alex Morgan, Kelley O’Hara, Julie Ertz, and Rose Lavelle.
Three members of Women’s Champions League winners Lyon also make the list, as does top goalkeeper winner Sari van Veenendaal.
- Sari van Veenendaal (NED) – Arsenal / Atletico Madrid
- Lucy Bronze (ENG) – Olympique Lyonnais
- Wendie Renard (FRA) – Olympique Lyonnais
- Nilla Fischer (SWE) – VfL Wolfsburg / Linkopings
- Kelley O’Hara (USA) – Utah Royals
- Amandine Henry (FRA) – Olympique Lyonnais
- Julie Ertz (USA) – Chicago Red Stars
- Rose Lavelle (USA) – Washington Spirit
- Megan Rapinoe (USA) – Reign FC
- Marta (BRA) – Orlando Pride
- Alex Morgan (USA) – Orlando Pride